Monday, December 29, 2008

Cast of characters

So that you know who I am talking about.....

There's me, bellacola. I'm the main character in this little saga. I'm a high school biology teacher with a PhD in Evolutionary Biology (yeah, I know). I have a little boy, P, who I'll talk more about in a bit. I'm married to J, who will also get a nod here. My current ambitions are to become a homeschooling SAH mom to at least two kids and become a yoga teacher. I'm one of those people who does not have a set direction: I change my mind about what I want to do at least once a day, more if I'm bored. I have finally come to accept myself in a world full of people who ask 5 year olds what their life's ambition is (I'm guilt of it, too, I admit!). If you had asked me a year ago what my ambitions were, I would have told you that I wanted to defend my dissertation and become a high school teacher. Well, blammo! I got those crossed off my list, and now I'm ready to move on! I like to think of myself as an adventurer, someone always ready to grab life by the horns. I may be completely delusional, though.

P is my son. He's nearly 4 and just cute as a button. He's also pretty hilarious, and will dance on command, which is wonderfully entertaining. I spend a lot of my time kissing him, since I know there will be a day when he does not like it when I snuggle his hair and kiss him all over. Boo-hoo! He's the kid I hope to homeschool in a year or so.

J is my husband. He's currently a "high powered executive" which means that while he is technically the boss at his job, he's basically the guy cleaning up ALL the messes. He works a lot, but he seems to dig his job a bunch, and I'm hoping that it will one day support my desire to loaf about the house in nigh but an apron and a smile (ok, realistically, baby puke stained sweats and a sleep-deprived grin, but it still sounds more appealing that work attire). We've had our ups and downs and are currently not living together, but we should be again this summer.

The animals: we have a dog and four cats (two at each household). They are annoying and seem to constantly make messes. They may make occasional appearances.

Friends and relatives: well, we are a pretty simple bunch without any close living relatives (I essentially don't have any relatives, making for little drama, but few Christmas presents and fights over the drumstick at Thanksgiving, as well) or very many friends. When the friends and relatives to pop into the saga, I'll be sure to protect their privacy with badly disguised versions of them.

Now you have a little primer on the crazy 'cola household(s). Back to your original program!

No comments:

Post a Comment