Friday, January 30, 2009

Hoo, baby!

TGIF, man. Wow. The past couple of weeks have just been insanity. That's not my idea of a good time.

I've had a UTI, a cold, a horrendous virus (that is currently crippling J), I went to the Dallas Museum of Fine Arts and saw the King Tut exhibit (really awesome!), J's job is in peril (possibly) and my child has entered this really annoying stage where he is alternately demanding, then whining. When I'm lucky, he sleeps.

The museum was great, and the best part was spending the day with a select group of students who are pleasant, motivated, and friendly. It made me remember why I wanted to teach in the first place. The kids were really funny. They didn't want to leave Dallas and come home, so they suggested we take them to the mall. Then, when that didn't work, they wanted to go to a park. Next, they suggested we go to a parking lot and hang out. Really. Just hanging out in a parking lot with a bunch of teenagers. You know us chaperones were thinking, "Great!! Let's go!" Finally, they tried to get us to stop at Walmart! Those poor kids would have done ANYTHING to prevent getting home! I remember that age, and I don't miss it one bit!

P is trying to sleep on my arm, so I better get him to bed. I'm looking forward to a few days off, and I hope to be able to update a bit more regularly. That is, if my life can settle down a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment