Sunday, February 1, 2009

February Recipe

I know! It's only Feb. 1, and here I am, with my new recipe! I can't help it, I love to cook! (Also, I like to update my blog a lot at once, and then ignore it for a while. It's how I approach exercising, too)

I made Orecchiette with Roasted Broccoli and Walnuts from Real Simple, except that I had to use pecans because I had thought that my pecans were walnuts, and when I recipe calls for 1/2 cup nuts, you can't leave it out.

It was exceptionally good! The garlic gets all roasted and yummy, and this broccoli would make a really excellent side dish on its own. This is the first time I've had orecchiette (except possibly at a restaurant) and I feel very sophisticated!

I also feel cool because while everyone else is currently gorging themselves on hot wings, pizza, chips and dip, and any number of foods that make ya fat and sluggish, I'm here eating this lovely light pasta! I also made some Italian greens, which basically means chop up a bunch of garlic, saute lightly in some olive oil till golden, remove with a slotted spoon, add greens of your choice (I had kale) and saute till kinda crispy and good. All right, all right. I could give a better recipe. And if you want it, let me know in the comments. :)

Plus, I did Pilates today and took stuff to the thrift store! Hooray! It makes up for eating a piece of pizza and half a Reeses Whipps at 9 p.m. last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment