Saturday, February 28, 2009

Like a rolling stone...

We are actually FREE to leave this state (well, not quite, but soon enough). For the last 6 years (6 long years) we've been stuck in Texas because this is where I have gone to school, and I couldn't leave till I was done.

I finished up this summer (whew!!!) and am now working. We're still stuck here for a couple of reasons, but it finally dawned on us that we could actually PLAN the next place we move to. We've always just been like dandelion fluff, going where the wind blew, and we've really felt stuck in Texas. We don't like Houston much, although it has its appeals....lots of jobs, low cost of living, lots of culture, etc.

So, we're trying to narrow down our search. Here are some of the things we are looking for:

1. A mild climate, although seasons are nice, so we're willing to deal with snow if the town is awesome.

2. Good public transit. This indicates a desire to help the people, and also to help our Earth.

3. Liberal politics.

4. An artsy vibe.

5. Beauty. I want to live somewhere that inspires me.

6. I'd like a small town feel, but close enough to drive to a larger city.

That's enough to start.....any suggestions? Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I swear to God, Oregon is your place! How about Eugene?

    ReplyDelete
  2. gotta be near portland, but definitely Oregon if those are your criteria

    ReplyDelete